We are committed to providing non-directional information on all unplanned pregnancy options – abortion, adoption and parenting. We offer a free and confidential service, staffed by qualified and experienced counsellors who can discuss your situation and options with you. We use a pro-choice and woman-centred approach.
We provide women with evidence-based information on their options and provide them the tools and support to make the decision that is best for them. Women are the experts in their own lives and are the person best placed to make a decision about whether or not to continue with an unplanned pregnancy.
Our unplanned pregnancy counselling and information is available to women who live in the Midwest region. Face to face counselling is offered at the Women’s Wellness Centre in Geraldton and phone counselling is also available for women from outlying areas between the hours of 9am to 430pm, Monday to Friday. We are also able to counsel significant others, for example parents of children who may be pregnant or male/female partners. We are able to offer advocacy for women should they feel the need for support at medical appointments.
Women are welcome to bring their partner, husband, or the person involved in the pregnancy, other support people such as friends or relatives, or a support worker from another service.
- Your options – trying to decide whether to continue a pregnancy or not
- Concerns you may have about termination (abortion), adoption or parenting
- Termination (abortion) options in Geraldton and Perth and information about the types of termination
- Health issues with pregnancy or maternal health concerns
- Past issues in your life or family that have surfaced when faced with an unplanned pregnancy
- Sexual assault and violence
- Post termination (abortion) support
- Referral to other support or medical services, referrals for termination (abortion)
- Information about termination (abortion) procedures, contraception options, adoption processes or parenting resources