Support Worker – Casual
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of women and children in Geraldton? Are you looking for a rewarding and fulfilling role where every day is different?
We are looking to expand our friendly team and are seeking a Support Worker to provide direct support to women and children residing at Chrysalis House Women’s Refuge as a result of family violence and/or other crisis.
This role is offered on casual basis and you will be called in to provide shift cover, sometimes at short notice. Chrysalis House operates 24/7 and as such, shifts can be weekdays, overnights, weekends or public holidays.
What we are looking for:
- Completion of or progress towards a Certificate IV in Community Services and/or equivalent work experience.
- Genuine kindness, understanding and an ability to engage well with women affected by family violence, sexual assault and other associated issues.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and issues surrounding family violence to the individual, community and society.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and autonomously.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and effective communication skills including conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to in building and maintaining professional boundaries and understands when to seek direction, support and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work compassionately and effectively with Aboriginal people and people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background.
- Current St John’s Senior First Aid Certificate (or willingness to attain one).
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
What we offer:
- Excellent remuneration
- Paid training opportunities
- Salary sacrifice
- Supportive working environment
- Desert Blue considers that being female is considered a genuine occupation requirement for the position under the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 – Section 32. This allows for the exclusive employment of women in women specific services.
To apply please send a CV and a covering letter addressing criteria above to email email@example.com
Applications close COB Friday 21st October 2022 although Desert Blue Connect reserves the right to commence the next stage of the recruitment process earlier.