Community, Respect & Equality Program Coordinator – Full time
Desert Blue Connect has been managing the Community, Respect and Equality initiative and now seeks the right person to progress it through the next phase. It is a collaborative project aimed at preventing family and domestic violence to women and children. The CRE project, with a focus on primary prevention, works with committed organizations within the region to educate individuals and alter attitudes that may lead to family violence.
- Understanding of community development principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and independently.
- Demonstrated ability in building networks and engaging community stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work after hours including early evening and weekends occasionally.
- Ability to travel within the Midwest.
- Comprehensive understanding of gender equity and the determinants of violence against women.
- Experience working in the area of family and domestic violence intervention or prevention.
- Understanding of family and domestic violence at risk groups and communities.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in health/social sciences/project management or equivalent experience.
- Previous project management experience including grant writing and acquittal.
- This is a 12 month contract with the possibility of extending.
Applicants are invited to send a current CV and a cover letter addressing criteria to email@example.com